Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed over 50 people to our presentation on Beginning Photography Part 1. Visitors included people who entered photos at the AV Fair, and from the Antelope Valley Photographers Meet Up Group. Rock Myers covered “What’s Your Purpose?”. Kurtiss Humphrey covered Equipment, Cameras, and Lenses. Ramon Rosario covered Lighting and Accessories. Questions were answered after each section. Part 2 will occur on September 22.
Member recognition mugs were presented by Wayne Staley. Ramon Rosario was thanked for being on the LPA Audit Committee. Douglas Wade, Sue Craft and Kurtiss Humphrey were thanked for their dedication to the AV Fair as the Photography Exhibit Chairpersons.
Membership - See Kurtiss Humphrey or Bill Liberto to join LPA. July 1 started a new LPA Year. Please fill out a new “Member Application” for dues renewal, update your information and sign a new Release of Liability form that will be valid for as long as you are an LPA member.
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- September 22nd - Introduction to Photography Part 2
- October 27th – “Under the Night Sky” – Pete Scifries
- November 17th - Rob Sheppard
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- October 13th at 11:59pm – Deadline to enter October 20th “Open” Competition. Submit your entries from AV Fair and receive a critique by Dan Holmes, one of the AV Fair Photo Judges.
- October 20th – Open – Judge – Dan Holmes - Dinner at GH Cafe 4:30pm
- January 19th, 2016 - Creative – Judge – TBA
- March 15th, 2016 – Step into the Past - Judge - TBA
- May 17th, 2016 - Flowers, Judge – TBA
- June 21st, 2016 - End of Year Competition, Judges - Members Choice
Field Trips – Christine Wilkins
- September 19th – Street Architectural Photography, Los Angeles – Douglas Wade
- February 5th & 6th, 2016 – Lewis Kemper Photography Field Trip - Photograph nature/wildlife along the Sacramento River. Organized by Don Goeschl
- February, 2016 – Date TBD – Calico Ghost Town – Douglas Wade
- March 19th & 20th , 2016 – LA County Air Show at Fox Field with Blue Angels
- April, 2016 – Date TBD – Cactus/Flower Macro Photography – Diane Cable
PSA Report - Nan Carder
- See PSA report on LPA website
- February 6th – PSA S4C Round Up Chapter Event at Crown Plaza in Costa Mesa
Friday Night Discussion Group – Glenn Olson
- 2nd & 4th Friday of month (Sept 25th & October 9th) -Denny’s 2005 West Ave K @6:30pm
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday September 20th, 7:30am Patty’s Cafe, 43943 Sierra Hwy, #A Lancaster
Library – Ron Yagi
- Books and videos available for checkout. List is on LPA website, under Member’s Only – Library.
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- September 22nd - deadline for October newsletter
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- Membership Chair Needed
- Webmaster Needed
- LPA Board Meetings now on 2nd Thursday of month in Senior Center Library
- LPA Name Tags w/new logo order form on Website -$7.50 including tax - forms on back table, or download on LPA website
- Angela from Senior Center would like photographers for the Senior Prom (ages 62 and greater) on Friday, October 9th from 2pm-5pm, at the University of Antelope Valley with dinner, dancing, prizes, and crowning of the King and Queen. She is hoping photographers (2-4) can print 4x6 photos on site. Printing costs can be reimbursed. Otherwise a CD with images would be welcome.
- Angela would also like a photographer for a fund raiser for “Mom’s House”. “Mom’s House strives to break the cycles of poverty and welfare. It is our mission to guide at-risk single parents through the process of achieving educational goals and provide tools and resources needed to become effective parents.” The event is at the Senior Center on Saturday, October 10th from 11am-3pm, and will include a Multi-Generational Fashion Show. Photographer is needed from Noon-2pm. Images only need to be placed on a CD.