Entries sought for photo contest
Ever snapped a special photo that you wanted to share with everyone or thought was good enough to grace the cover of a magazine? Antelope Valley Lifestyle is seeking entries for a photo contest, the winners of which will be published in the May 2016 issue.
Here are the five contest categories:
• Animals — domestic pets in the home or creatures found in the wild.
• Human interest — people photographed in an interesting way or in unusual circumstances; an image that tells a story or elicits an emotional response.
• Nature/scenic — something that exists in nature, e.g., insects, butterflies, leaves, birds, fish, etc.; or picturesque scenes such as landscapes, seascapes, or scenic or desert views.
• People — portrayal of a person or people.
• Travel — Images that document the landscape, people, culture, customs, and history of a place.
Send submissions by March 25, to Special Sections Editor Karen Maeshiro at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at (661) 267-4132.
Only digital images or digital copies of film images will be accepted. Send in one entry per category per person.
Photos should be a minimum of 300 dpi, in jpeg format, and no more than 4 MB when uncompressed.
State the category, include a caption that describes the photo, and provide a phone number or e-mail address where you can be reached.