Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed over 56 people to our General Meeting.
Our guest speaker was Rob Sheppard and he presented Close Up Confessions: My love of the small and less seen. Rob is a photographer, author, naturalist, and nature photography, editor and videographer. He is a Fellow with North American Nature Photography Association, and many people also know him as the long-time, previous editor of Outdoor Photographer magazine. Some of the books he has done: Landscape Photography: From Snapshot to Great Shot, Macro Photography: From Snapshot to Great Shot, The Magic of Digital Nature Photography, National Geographic Field Guide to Digital Photography, and 6 Steps to Better Nature Photography. His website is www.joyofnatureandphotography.com , and blog at www.natureandphotography.com.
Wayne Staley continued recognitions for LPA members who are on the S4C board. David Wilkins (S4C President) and Christine Wilkins (Delegates Committee Chair) were thanked for upholding a beneficial relationship between the two organizations, and presented LPA mugs.
Carol Moss arranged a nice send off for long time LPA members Scott and Marilyn Shackelford, as they are moving. They were thanked for their contributions to the LPA and presented with personalized mugs.
Membership - July 1 started a new LPA Year. Please fill out a new “Member Application” for dues renewal, update your information and sign a new Release of Liability form that will be valid for as long as you are an LPA member. See Bill Liberto to join LPA.
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- November 24th – “Hands on Workshop” – Learn how to control Aperture/Depth of Field, Shutter Speed, ISO and Composition. Bring your camera & manual.
- December 15th – Holiday Party - $10 donation per person for Mexican Dinner – LPA Field Trip Photo Show (submit photos online or bring on a thumb drive)
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- January 19th, 2016 - Creative – Judge – TBA
- March 15th, 2016 – Step into the Past - Judge - TBA
- May 17th, 2016 - Flowers, Judge – TBA
- June 21st, 2016 - End of Year Competition, Judges - Members Choice
- 2016-2017 competition themes are now on the LPA website
Field Trips – Christine Wilkins
- February 5th & 6th, 2016 – Lewis Kemper Photography Field Trip - Photograph nature/wildlife along the Sacramento River. Organized by Don Goeschl
- February 14th, 2016 – Calico Ghost Town – Douglas Wade
- March 19th & 20th, 2016 – LA County Air Show at Fox Field with Blue Angels
- April, 2016 – Date TBD – Cactus/Flower Macro Photography – Diane Cable
PSA Report - Nan Carder
- February 5th & 6th – PSA S4C Round Up Chapter Event at Crown Plaza in Costa Mesa
- See PSA report on LPA website
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews
- See S4C Report on LPA website
Friday Night Discussion Group – Glenn Olson
- 2nd & 4th Friday of month (November 13th & December 11th) -Denny’s 2005 West Ave K @6:30pm
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday December 20th, 7:30am Patty’s Cafe, 43943 Sierra Hwy, #A Lancaster
Library – Ron Yagi
- Books and videos available for checkout. List is on LPA website, under Member’s Only – Library.
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- November 24th - Deadline for October newsletter. Input welcome from all members. Submit your articles, photos, stories, and items of interest.
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- Membership Chair Needed
- LPA Board Meetings now on 2nd Thursday of month in Senior Center Library
- LPA Name Tags w/new logo order form on Website -$7.50 including tax - forms on back table, or download on LPA website