We had another large turnout for this month’s meeting. Dennis Goodno was able to get Juan L. Gonzalez, “The Wedding Photographer” back again.
Most of us remembered the great program he did for us a few months ago. Well, this time was every bit as good.
Juan covered just about everything to do with photographing weddings, with emphasis on posing and lighting techniques and how he achieves his final product.
Juan has a really enjoyable personality and his presentation was both entertaining and educational. He received lots of questions from the audience and answered all of them thoroughly.
Juan left his demonstration pictures with us so we can post here on the website. You can see the marvelous transformation from original images to final print at the below links.
(No longer available)
For any questions on anything discussed this night, Juan is more than willing to answer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
His website is also at http://www.mydreamcatcher.info/.
Thank you Juan for this great event.
For those members that were not able to make the meeting, we have a DVD of the event for check out in our library.
Just get with Arley Clark to receive a copy of this great presentation.
Since Juan had come from out of town, we reversed our normal schedule and conducted our meeting agenda after the program.
Our main business was our annual election of officers. Fred Frederickson and John Wells, our nominating committee, conducted the election.
The nominees were: Dennis Goodno for President, Dave Anderson for Vice-President, Sue Craft for Secretary and Pat Ware for Treasurer. A show of hands by the membership indicated approval of the nominees, and the announcement was made that they were elected. The new board will be installed at the June Banquet and will assume their duties on July 1st.
- Dave Anderson had lots of good info about our coming field trips.
- Lyle Trusty had the final details about this weekends Poppy Festival, got plenty of volunteers, and had passes for those tending our booth.
- Eugene Johan brought in a big stack of Fair Premium Books for all who wanted them.
- Kay Hendrickson reminded everyone about next month’s competition, with the theme being People.
- She also announced that May’s judge will be highly qualified and we can expect a critique similar to our last competition.