On Saturday, 11 November the Lancaster Photography Association (LPA) / Antelope Valley Allied Arts Association (AVAAA) Fine Art Photography Exhibit Reception was held in the Cedar Centre Gallery.
The show, supported by seventeen members of the LPA with fifty gallery quality pictures, was installed for the exhibit by Vallerie Freeman, curator for the AVAAA. Refreshments and hors d'oeuvres were provided and Five Awards, Best of Show, Second Place, Third Place, and two Honorable Mentions were presented to the winners of this competitive event following judging by a three judge panel.
S4C/PSA Judging Procedures were followed by the panel to facilitate judging by members with pictures in the competition. Among other restrictions, the judges could not vote for their own pictures.
Winners of the awards were as follows:
- Lyle Trusty, Best of Show for his fall color photo “A Walk In The Woods”
- Sue Craft, Second Place for her action shot of “Buddy”
- Lee Simmons, Third Place for her flower picture “Mariposa Lilly”
- Sue Craft, Honorable Mention for her portrait of “Hancock's Silver Buddy”
- Fred Frederickson, for his creative art picture “Chinese Bicycles”
Sue Craft, S4C, PSA, and LPA Master Photographer, was the featured artist for this exhibit and displayed seven outstanding pictures of horses from Pursley Ranch.
Sue has specialized in this unique field of photography for several years, and has an established website at www.suecraftphotography.com for displaying and marketing her work She also has an interest in Pictorial and Nature photography, for which she has won numerous awards,.
Sue works part time for the Ranch and is frequently called upon to take pictures of their equine residents earning their keep in the Ring, or posing for portraits with their owners. Sue presented a very interesting story about how she got started in this field to the members of AVAAA and LPA at the scheduled membership meeting following the reception.
Many thanks to the volunteers who put this show together.
They include Dennis Goodno, Master of Ceremonies and Judge;
- Dave Anderson, for creating and installing the Picture Data Tags, publishing the Artist/Gallery Directory, and serving as the Take-In Registrar;
- Kay Hendrickson, Anne Trusty, and Sue Craft for Refreshments;
- Pat Ware for Judging,
- Clen Hendrickson for assisting Vallerie Freeman, AVAAA Curator, in hanging the show;
- Arley Clark and Anne Trusty for their preparation and decoration of the Gallery;
- Sue Craft for her participation as Featured Artist, and her Program Presentation to the joint members of the associations.
Photos by Dennis Goodno