Award winning outdoor photography Don Gale presented a program on “Nature, Wildlife, & Landscape Techniques”.
Don discussed a unique product called “Zig View” (http://www.zigview.co.uk/) which is a system employing a tiny video camera attached to a camera’s view finder and a small remote LCD display. Using extension devices such as tripods and modified poles used by painters and pool cleaners the camera can be held 5-12 feet above the ground while the photographer composes and take pictures remotely. Because of camera motion, Image stabilized lenses are really necessary for this technique. Don also discussed and showed photos of off camera flash and availably light techniques.
Don mostly shoots in RAW and manual mode when ever he can. He does not usually use auto white balance but prefers to use a fixed WB such as daylight or a custom WB setting.
Thank you Don Gale!
Go to Don's web site at: www.photographybydon.com.
- The break snacks were provided by Bonnie Mathews with help from Sue Craft.
- Terri Garner introduced two new visitors to our meeting tonight.
- John Shedrick reminded us of the workshop next Tuesday: “Off Camera Flash” by Stokely Wilson from Kings Camera in Lancaster. He also encouraged members to sign up on the web for the eight clerk positions and helpers to set up and monitor during the AV Fair.
- Sue Craft filled the remaining open slots for the Poppy Festival and told us that the next program will be “Voyage of the Manteno” by John Haslett in June.
- The next competition is in May - Desert Scenes / Desert Wildflowers
- David Wilkins asked members for any photo ops or techniques that can be added to the newsletter.
- Lyle reminded us about the S4C banquet June 6th. Send your $20 banquet fee to Sue Craft.
- Arley Clark will lead a field Trip to Monterey bay and Point Lobos May 4-6. Sign up on the web.
- Lyle Trusty stated that the present six nominees for the club election are Dave Anderson: President, Sue Craft: Vice President, Nan Carder: Treasurer, Bonnie Mathews: Secretary, Teri Garner: Board Member #6 and Dave Wilkins: Board Member #7. Past President Dennis Goodno is the unelected 7th board member. There were no nominees from the floor.
- Terri Garner told us that there is a LPA Bar-B-Q scheduled for June 13.
- Irving Bjorge won $55.50 in the 50/50 drawing!
Article By Dennis Goodno
Photos by Arley Clark unless otherwise noted