We started our evening off with Chris Wilkins announcing our judge Diane Racey for this evenings Nature competition. For this evening’s competition, we had 112 entries in 7 categories distributed as follows. 6 Slides; 6 Prints Master 4 Prints Amateur; 32 Digital Master; 16 Digital Advanced Amateur; 29 Digital Amateur; 18 Digital Novice. Ms. Racey gave brief critiques on each image as presented and handed out many awards this evening. This writer heard many members were very happy with the critiques as they were helpful to them at their level of photographers. Congratulations to all who won and thank you to all who participated. A Certificate of appreciation, honorary membership and $75 travel expenses were presented to Ms. Diane Racey. Thank you to everyone who helped make tonight a success.
Tylene Trout welcomed our New Members & Visitors this evening.
Upcoming Program is: Feb 21 - “The Mojave Desert: Miles of Wonder” by David Jesse McChesney. No host dinner at 430pm at Greenhouse CafÃ©
- Upcoming Workshops are:
- Jan 24 – PSA 2011 Color Projected Images – Best of the Best 2011 - Critiques (by 7 LPA Members)
- Feb 28 - Portrait Workshop by LPA Members – Bonnie & LPA Members
- Mar 27 – Amazing Light Anytime, Anywhere (530pm) by Scott Roberts
Upcoming Competitions: Mar – Portraits (Prints Only); May – AV Events. Clarification of Comp Rule Paragraph 4 – Prints must have one dimension (length or width) of at least 9”.
Upcoming Field Trips:
- Jan 18-19 - Elephant Seals & Morro Bay – David & Chris Wilkins
- Feb 10-12 – Death Valley – Douglas Wade
- Mar 8 – Griffith Park at Night & Lights of LA – Douglas Wade
- MOAH 27th Annual Juried Art Show – entry deadline 1/23, Opening Reception Feb 2 6pm at lounge at BEX on Blvd, $100 Dean Webb Memorial Photography Award will be handed out.
- Douglas Wade formed a Meetup group called “AV Photographers.” If you would like more information, please contact him or go to AV Photographers Meetup Group www.meetup.com/The-AV-Photographers/
- We need a Chairperson for the Poppy Festival which is Apr 20, 2012. If you are interested please contact Sue.
- PSA –January 21 – PSA So CA Roundup in Glendora w/program by Greg Rostami “Discovering the Possibilities w/Topaz. $10 PSA members, $15 non members.
- George Glennie Nature Competition – Entry Deadline Feb 21 at 1159pm. It’s free!
- If you want to check out Library Materials or donate to the library, please contact Cheryl Ross.
- Terri Garner is the temp Newsletter editor and wants to remind the members they can submit articles and pictures to her for the newsletter by the 26th of the month. We still need a permanent editor.
- Friday Night Discussion Group are the 2nd & 4th Friday night at 630pm at Denny’s at 20th W and Ave K
- Saturday Monthly Breakfast is held the 3rd Sunday of Month at AM CafÃ© on Sierra Hwy.
- AV Poppy Reserve Photography Day is Mar 25. For more information please contact Helen Henry.
- Southern CA Photography Conference will be held on June 16th.
View all the competition entries and winners here.