We had 53 members and 4 visitors attending our Photo of Year /Installation of Officers General Meeting this evening. Sue Craft welcomed everyone and announced tonight was our Photo of the Year Competition and Installation of Officers meeting.
Sue Craft presented the PSA Youth Showcase which included PSA Awards, HM’s and Acceptances. Certificates were to be given to the students. There were 403 entries of which 270 were accepted. 5 schools participated including Antelope Valley HS, Highland HS, Pete Knight HS, Palmdale HS, and Quart Hill HS.
End of the Year Competition began, all 1st Place Photos were shown and the Member’s Voted.
The George Glennie Nature Salon LPA Entries were presented to the membership.
Thank you Sue Liberto for bringing the refreshments this evening. We also have a donation jar set out for the refreshments and we need an August volunteer to bring the refreshments. Please sign up on the web.
Workshops – June 26 –Action; July 24– Sports Photography or Wedding Photography?? Aug – Photoshop and the Photographer - Douglas Wade
Competitions – July 17 – Action – entries due by 11:59pm July 10; Oct 16, 2012 – Structures; Jan 15, 2013 – Pictorial, land, water, sky; Mar 19, 2013 – Abstract; May 21, 2013– Close-Up; Jun 2013 – End of Year.
Field Trips – July 14 – Santa Monica Pier; Aug 17-26 – AV Fair Walkabout; Sep 14-15 – Mono Lake & Bodie; Mono Lake & Bodie Photo Show – David Wilkins; Oct 13 LA Arboretum; Nov 3– La Purisima Mission Village Days; TBD- Downtown L.A./Disney Concert Hall. David Wilkins gave a presentation of Mono Lake/Bodie ….
Novice Digital: “ Hall Of Time ” Pam Vick
Amateur Dig: “ Reflections at the Wave ” Chris Wilkins
Adv Amateur Dig: “ Cook's Meadow after the Storm ” Paul Craft
Master Digital: “ Flying Cocker ” Sue Liberto
Slides: “ Whooo me ? ” Richard Wood
Print Novice: “ Leave It Alone ” Thomas Van Langenhoven
Print Amateur: “ Feeding Time for Baby Hummingbird ” Tina Crowe
Print Adv Amateur: “ Bad Hair Day ” Arliss Dawson
Print Master: “ The Dance ” Dwight Franke
Sue recognized the Chair’s and thanked them for their hard work. Lee Garner was called up and presented with a certificate for all the hard work he has done on the web. Our website is just AWESOME and if you are a new member, returning member or older member (not age) you can always find something on the website of interest. Lee keeps us up-to-date with all LPA activities. Please don’t let this very valuable resource just sit there without you visiting it! Lee does a fabulous job for us!!!!
Installation of 2012-2013 Officers: President: David Wilkins; Vice President: Douglas Wade; Secretary: Holly Peskin; Treasurer: Terri Garner; and 2 Board Mbr positions: Helen Henry and Bonnie Matthews. Certificates of appreciation were given to Helen Henry for all her hard work putting on the SCPC and Bonnie Matthews helping the LPA becoming a 501(c)(3). Sue Craft and Bonnie Matthews were both given a beautiful bouquet flowers by David and Chris Wilkins since they are both stepping down from their main positions on the Board after a number of years but will remain on the Board in a lessor capacity.
- Membership- Terri Garner was accepting Membership applications and renewal applications.
- AV Fair – Exhibit Registration Deadline July 7 at 5PM; Late Registration ($5 fee per entrant) until Jul 21 at 5PM; AV Fair Guides at avfair.com; Volunteers Needed!; Jul 13 Clerk Training – 1pm or 6pm, Van Dam Bldg and Jul 20 Photo Clerk Training 6pm at Wade home.
- Librarian – Bonnie Matthews-If there are any members that would like to donate books to the LPA library, they will receive a donation letter if they would like so they can claim it on their taxes since we are a non-profit. A new
- Newsletter- Terri Garner our temp Newsletter editor wants to remind the members they can submit articles and pictures to her for the newsletter by the 23rd of the month. We still need a permanent editor.
- Friday Night Discussion Group- Friday Night Discussion Group are the 2nd & 4th Friday night at 630pm at Denny’s at 20th W and Ave K . Next meeting is July 3.
- Sunday Monthly Breakfast- is held the 3rd Sunday of Month at AM CafÃ© on Sierra Hwy.
- Suggestion Box-We have now set up a Suggestion Box at the sign in table. If you have a suggestion you would like to submit about anything, be sure to do so.
Submitted by Bonnie Matthews
Photos by Lee Garner
unless otherwise attributed