David Wilkins notified me with the following information from the S4C Board meeting he recently attended as a board member. Here is an update on the changes made at that meeting.
- There will only be A and AA levels in Interclub next year 2013-14.
- Print competition will be eliminated next year. There were fewer entries this past year than in the previous years. There is not enough participation to support a competition.
- Pictorial color will be split into Pictorial Studio pictorial and Pictorial Color for images that cannot be entered in Pictorial Studio. Studio will be defined as where the elements of the image are dominantly controlled by the maker or another person present for the purpose whether or not the image is acquired in a formal studio.
- Levels for the new divisions were assigned. There will be A, AA and E in the new sections, AAA was eliminated. Competitors who were AAA in pictorial will be AA in Studio. Everybody else will be A in Studio, except for some in E who did not move up. For the new Pictorial Color, everyone will be A, except for some E's who did not move up.
- The nature general definition was changed to eliminate any reference to allowing hand of man where it enhances the story. PSA is moving in this direction.
- The honors application will be moved online and the point system was modified in a few places.
Even though we are on a break until Oct, keep those pictures coming to me. Let’s start the 2013-2014 year with a lot of fresh, new images to be considered for Interclub competitions. For S4C Interclub and to participate as an Individual, you MUST have a UEN to enter. If you do not have one, please go to the S4C website and request yours today! The first competition is October 13th with the entry opening Sept 15th and closing Oct 4th. For those entering in the AV Fair, if you have winners and for those that feel they have excellent images, please send me your images with your UEN so I can begin the process of entering the LPA in the Inter-club competitions. If you have any questions about S4C, or wish to send my images, please email Bonnie Matthews at email@example.com