David Wilkins, our President, welcomed 51 members to our October General Meeting and competition night. He began the evening by announcing the need for volunteers for open positions (field trip chair, assistant newsletter editor, and librarian). David then turned the evening over to Bill Sutton, our co-Competition Chair.
Bill Sutton introduced our judge, Diane Racey for this evenings “Human Interest” competition. In Digital we had 9 Novice, 8 Amateur, 17 Advance and 24 Masters. In Prints we had 4 Novice, 3 Amateur, 9 Advanced and 13 Master. All results for the competitions can be seen on the LPA website. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to those who helped in making this another great competition evening! There was a no host dinner prior to the competition. Ms. Racey was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation, an honorary membership, and $75 for travel expenses. Thank you Ms. Racey!
Douglas Wade announced our Christmas program would be a catered Mexican Dinner this year with $5 -10 donations being accepted tonight. We will be accepting donations of items for “raffle” to raise funds for the Friends of the Center (FOTC). We’ll have a photo show of pictures you have taken from field trips this past year from any LPA trip or activity. More information on the web or Newsletter.
- Nov 19th – TBD
- Dec 17th – Christmas Dinner party catered with Mexican Food, and a running slide show of LPA Field Trips & Events from Jan -Dec 2013
- Oct 22nd – “S4C & PSA Website & Entry Introduction” - Nan Carder & Bonnie Matthews
- Nov 26th – “My Favorite Things” – Rock Myers – members can bring up to 3 favorite photo gadgets, programs, etc…Holiday ‘sweets n treats’ provided
- Jan 28th – “Flash Photography & Portraiture” – Julie Sutton
- Feb 25th – “An Evening with Lewis Kemper” – Canon Explorer of Light
- Jan 21st – Nature – judge – Joanne Stolte – dinner @greenhouse Café 4:30pm
Field Trips: Field Trip Chairperson needed
- Nov 10th - Moorpark Civil War Reenactment
- Oct 26th 4-9pm – Boolvd Event – Terri Garner - Need volunteers and photographers. Thanks to Wayne Staley and Denis Lust for background
S4C – Bonnie Matthews - See S4C report on website - Bonnie Matthews also announced the Oct Interclub winners. Skill Level A - Eugene Duley HM, & Ronald Yagi –Award. Skill Level AA-Sue Liberto-HM and P. Dale Ware - Award. Congratulations!
PSA – Nan Carder - See PSA report on website - Nan Carder also gave information about the Ocean State International Exhibition which Closes October 26th
Newsletter – Deadline Wednesday October 23rd – Submit your photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Assistant newsletter editor needed.
Librarian – Bonnie Matthews announced the Library books she had there, and if interested in renting out to see her.
Friday Night Discussion Group - Terri Garner – Meets 2nd & 4th Friday of month at Carrows, W. Ave K & 17th @ 6:30pm…Nov 8th cancelled
Sunday Monthly Breakfast - Dale Ware – Meets 3rd Sunday of month at Carrows, 7:30am