Douglas Wade, our Vice President, welcomed 54 members to our “Open Prints” competition night.
Tina Crowe introduced our returning judge George “Hutch” Hutchison.
Hutch has had a lifelong passion for photography, growing up with a father and grandfather who were both avid photographers. The advent of digital photography in the 1990's further stimulated and broadened his interest. He is an award winning photographer active in many local photography organizations, and a frequent judge and/or presenter at clubs and competitions in Southern California. Hutch is available for portrait, architectural, product and event photography, as well as private photography workshops, tours or coaching. Hutch says “Photography is an art, and any form of art is subjective to the viewer. Some may call an image excellent while others see it as ordinary. However, both experts and people with utterly no knowledge of photography usually agree when they lay their eyes on a good image”.
We had a total of 71 prints. Congratulations to all the winners!
For print entry participants, we had 20 Novices, 5 Amateurs, 8Aadvanced Amateurs and 38 Masters.
Douglas Wade introduced Sue Craft and Dale Ware as the 2014-2015 Nominating Committee. Several Board positions are available. Please contact Sue or Dale for details.
Welcome Visitors and New Members - Carol Moss welcomed 2 new visitors to the meeting this evening, and Nan Carder introduced 1 guest.
Name Tags – Lyle Trusty – contact Lyle for information on how to order a name tag.
Break Time & Snacks – Delicious snacks were provided by Holly Peskin.
- Poppy Festival- Apr 26th & 27th - Sue Craft asked for more volunteers, sign ups are on website
- Children’s Center Family Fun Day - Apr 5th – Volunteers needed, sign ups are on website
- Corporate Challenge – Volunteer sign ups, and general information are on website
- AV Fair – Douglas Wade and Sue Craft – Registration opens Friday March 28th
- Apr 15th - Rob Sheppard - Macro Photography - $200 fee – dinner at Lemon Leaf 4:30 pm
- Mar 25th –“Macro” – Noella Ballenger with station set-ups
- Apr 22nd - “Basic Photography” – Tylene Trout – public will be invited to attend
- May 27th – “Photo Critique and Ice Cream Social” – Rock Myers
- Jun 24th - “How to Enter the AV Fair” – Douglas Wade
- Jul 22nd - “Photo Mounting Workshop for AV Fair” – Douglas Wade
- May 20th – Night Photography – judge – TBD
- May 10th 8am – Venice Beach Photojournalism – Tina Crowe
S4C – Bonnie Matthews - See S4C report on website
PSA – Nan Carder - See PSA report on website
- Bonnie Matthews brought in free, take home literature for members
- Deadline for April Newsletter is Saturday March 22nd
Friday Night Discussion Group –Terri Garner
- 2nd & 4th Friday’s of month at Carrow’s on W Ave K 6:30 pm
Sunday Breakfast – Dale Ware
- 3rd Sunday of the month at Carrow’s 7:30 am