By Nan Carder, EPSA, DFS4C, PSA Club Representative
PSA Annual Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico: The Photographic Society of America’s Annual Conference for 2014 will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The conference dates are September 27 to October 3, 2014. Conference registration is now open.
Some of the tours for the PSA Conference will be the following:
- Treasures and Traditions Tour: A tour of Acoma Pueblo, Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- O’Keefe Landscaper Tour: A Landscape tour sunset photography
- Las Golondrinas and Santa Fe Tour: A tour of Santa Fe and visiting an early Spanish colonial village
- This is Albuquerque: Old Town Albuquerque, the Balloon Museum, a hacienda-style school, and modern Albuquerque
- Sunset in the Sandias: A ride on the Sandia Tram to the Sandia Crest
- Hike at Tent Rocks: A tour to a fascinating geologic area
- Northern New Mexico Tour: A tour of north Santa Fe, Village of Chimayo, El Santuario de Chimayo, and Puye Cliffs
- Historic Route 66: A tour in and around Albuquerque
PSA Website Contest: Results pending.
PSA Newsletter Contest: Entries will close June 1, 2014.
PSA Projected Image Division Interclub (Third Round): Results are pending.
PSA Nature Interclub (Second Round): There were no Awards or HMs. The third and last Nature Division Interclub competition is due April 15, 2014.
PSA Photojournalism Division Interclub (Second Round): The final PJ Interclub competition deadline is May 15, 2014.
PSA Travel Division Interclub (Second Round): Results for the second round PSA Travel Division Interclub have been announced and “Rice Field Worker” (Nan Carder) received an Award of Merit, and “Yosemite Valley View Storm Clearing” (David Wilkins) received an Honorable Mention. The final Travel Open Division interclub competition deadline is May 15, 2014.
PSA Projected Image Division (PID) Creative Interclub (Second Round): Results for the second round PID Creative Interclub were announced, and congratulations go to Rock Myers (Cool Grill) which won an Honorable Mention in Group A. The third round of the PID Creative Interclub competition were submitted. LPA’s entries were the following: “Abandoned” (Pat Ware), “Framed Filagre” (Helen Henry), “Katmai Brown Bear 2917” (Nan Carder), “Really Cool Car” (Rock Myers), “Sandbox Recipe” (Pam Vick), and “St Basils Rising After Storm” (Richard Woods). Results are pending.
PSA PID Individual Portrait Competition: Congratulations Bonnie Matthews for receiving an Honorable Mention for her image “Briana in Black Teddy” in the first Round of the PID Individual Portrait competition. The entries for the second round will close May 5, 2014. Any PSA member may participate. Information can be found at this website: http://www.psa-photo.org/pid/pid-ipc/
If anyone would like information about the Photographic Society of America, please contact Nan Carder, EPSA at firstname.lastname@example.org