Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed 42 LPA members and visitors to our General Meeting and Mini Photo Tips presentations by David Wilkins and Douglas Wade.
David Wilkins demonstrated a mini photo tip on “How to use Photoshop to Add a Vignette” and took us step by step through the process for several types of photos. He provided a handout listing the steps to follow.
Douglas Wade demonstrated “Skin Retouching” using Lightroom and the Portraiture plug in for Photoshop. He also showed how Bellevue Avenue software offers time saving, finely tuned Photoshop actions and how that combined with his Lightroom presets make for pristine photo editing.
Following the presentations, we broke into smaller groups for hands-on camera training, and question & answer sessions. Groups consisted of Canon, Nikon, “other cameras”, and laptop/editing. Everyone benefitted from working in those smaller groups.
Douglas Wade thanked all the volunteers who helped at The BooLVD event. Over $600 was raised at the photo booth, and proceeds (minus expenses) will be donated to the Children’s Center of the Antelope Valley.
A reminder was given about the upcoming Holiday Dinner/Party on December 16th. Please donate $5 to help cover the cost of our dinner. Generous donations are always welcome! All donated funds will go towards a catered Mexican dinner. Over $140 has been donated (goal is $250). It’s going to be fun! We’ll be sharing photos from our field trips this past year. If you attended any of them, please submit up to 5 photos per trip via the LPA website (upload on LPA website).
Thank you to the contributors to LPA logo contest. Members will get to vote on their favorite (6 choices) at the December holiday party.
Wayne Staley recognized Nan Carder for her outstanding contributions to the LPA as our PSA Representative, and presented her with a personalized LPA mug.
Douglas Wade – Volunteer Positions Needed
- Equipment Chair Assistant – Filled – Thank you Rebecca Bieling!
- Librarian (aka Media Specialist or Resource Specialist)
- Webmaster – After MANY years as our webmaster, Lee Garner is looking to retire. New webmaster needed by July
- Newsletter Editor and Assistant
- Do you have any skills you can offer to help?
- Upcoming Events
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- Nov 25 – “Light Refraction & Spirography” by Bill Debley
- 6pm - Location Change – Greenhouse Café (dinner, dessert, or $2 tip to attend)
- 5pm – Time Change – No host dinner with Bill Debley at Greenhouse Café
- Dec 16 – Holiday Party & Field Trip Photos
- Dec 23 – No meeting/workshop
- Jan 27 – “Wildlife/Nature Photography” with Brent Paull
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews
- Fees are increasing from $3 to $5 effective Jan 1
- Jan 20 - Photojournalism - Judge Stuart Lynn
- May 19 - Portraits instead of Action
Field Trips – Chris Wilkins
- Dec 2-5 – Yosemite (Chris/David Wilkins)
- Feb 7-8 – Portrait Workshop with Hank Morris (Bonnie Matthews)
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews – See S4C report on LPA website
PSA Report - Nan Carder – See PSA report on LPA website.
- Feb 21 - PSA Southern CA Roundup Chapter Event at Descanso Gardens.
Friday Night Discussion Group - Terri Garner
- Friday 11/28, 12/12 (2nd & 4th Friday of month), 6:30pm Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday December 21st, 7:30am Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- Nov 27th - deadline for Oct newsletter