Stuart Lynn is President of the Southern California Council of Camera Clubs (S4C) and Competition Chair of the Coachella Valley Desert Camera Club (CVDCC).
He has been awarded the APSA honors from PSA, along with his HonS4C and DFS4C honors by S4C for his work in supporting S4C’s activities and for his photographic achievements. He has several times won Photographer of the Year and Image of the Year awards in CVDCC competitions and is an experienced competition judge. He has chaired or co-chaired several international photographic competitions recognized by the Photographic Society of America (PSA).
He was an early adopter of digital photography and combined photography with his professional background in the computing field. He has also developed many computer systems to support photography club activities and competitions, including support for international competitions.
Stuart invited everyone to participate in the COACHELLA 2015 INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION (entry deadline 2/21): Color, Monochrome, and Nature!
We had a total of 65 entries. For print entries, we had 4 Masters. For digital entries, we had 21 Novice, 3 Amateur, 23 Advanced, and 14 Masters. Congratulations to all the winners!
Welcome Visitors & New Members – Carol Moss
- Jan 31 – Prime Desert Cleanup – 9am-1pm
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- Jan 27 – “Wildlife/Nature Photography” with Brent Paull
- Feb 17 – Photo Critiques & PS/LR Tips – Kathy Newman
- Feb 24 – Photography Swap Meet
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- Class Definitions updated and available on the website
- Mar 17 – Nature – Judge Linn Craft – Dinner at 4:30 at GH Cafe
- May 19 - Portraits
Field Trips – Chris Wilkins
- Feb 7-8 – Portrait Workshop with Hank Morris - Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- Feb 15 – Randsburg – Chris Wilkins
- Spring 2015 – Polo Grounds
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews – See S4C report on LPA website
PSA Report - Nan Carder – See PSA report on LPA website.
- Feb 21 - PSA Southern CA Roundup Chapter Event at Descanso Gardens. Free to PSA Members
Friday Night Discussion Group - Terri Garner
- Friday Jan 23 & Feb 13 (2nd & 4th Friday of month), 6:30pm Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday Feb 15, 7:30am Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- Jan 22 - Deadline for Feb newsletter
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- Librarian – Appointed Ron Yagi
- Webmaster – Needed by July
- Newsletter Editor and Assistant