Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed 53 people to our General Meeting and “Nature” Critique Night.
LPA Master Photographers (also grads of the PSA Image Analysis course) Nan Carder, Tina Crowe and Sue Liberto offered critiques on 55 images submitted by 19 different photographers. Subjective opinions were offered on how the images could be improved and how well the image fit with the LPA “Nature” definition, especially the “story telling” value. Entrants were encouraged to read the competition definitions and a handout was provided.
The movie trailer for Finding Vivian Maier was shown. It’s a documentary about a mysterious nanny who secretly took over 100,000 photographs that were hidden in storage lockers and discovered decades later, and is now among the 20th centuries greatest photographers. A show of hands was taken to see how many might be interested in viewing as an LPA event.
Kathy Newman, Best of Division Winner for Amateur Digital Creative, demonstrated how her image was created using Photoshop. She gave a demo on layers, masks, clipping masks, and brushes. Check out the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkcS8YayxHA to see the process she used.
Welcome Visitors & New Members – Carol Moss
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- Feb 24 – Photography Swap Meet
- Mar 24 - Photo Sharing & Ice Cream Social
- Apr 21 - Bird/Action Photography - Holly Peskin
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- Class Definitions have been updated and are available on the website
- Clarification added to definitions – If B&W is not prohibited, then it is allowed.
- Mar 17 – Nature – Judge Linn Craft – Dinner at 4:30 at GH Cafe
- May 19 - Portraits
Field Trips – Chris Wilkins
- Mar 15 - Huntington Library/Gardens - Chris Wilkins
- Mar 21 & 22 - Thunderbirds at Fox Field (no host)
- Apr (TBD) - Orbs Workshop with Bill Debley at Saddleback Buttes
- Spring 2015 – Polo Grounds
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews – See S4C report on LPA website
PSA Report - Nan Carder – See PSA report on LPA website.
- Feb 21 - PSA Southern CA Roundup Chapter Event at Descanso Gardens. Free to PSA Members
Friday Night Discussion Group - Terri Garner
- Friday Feb 27 & Mar 13 (2nd & 4th Friday of month), 6:30pm Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday March 15, 7:30am Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- Feb 21 - Deadline for Mar newsletter
- Welcome Michael Tanner
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- Mounted prints needed for Senior Center lobby walls. Richard Wood volunteered to hang. Bring to Feb 24 meeting or Mar 17.