Marine biologist and world traveler, Lin Craft, from Fallbrook, CA has won numerous awards for her photography and her images have appeared in various publications including books, brochures and calendars. Lin has had several exhibitions of her work and sells fine art prints and cards in local art venues. She regularly judges for local camera clubs and for International Photography Exhibitions. Lin is president of the Fallbrook Camera Club and a past president and Fellow of the Southern California Association of Camera Clubs. She has held numerous positions in PSA and is the Immediate Past Chairman of the Nature Division. Lin received her APSA in 2000. She is multi-starred in Exhibition Competition in Color, Nature and Travel.
We had a total of 82 entries. For digital entries, we had 33 Novice, 2 Amateur, 16 Advanced, and 24 Masters. For print entries, we had 0 Novice/Amateur and 7 Advanced/Master. Congratulations to all the winners!
- Dale Ware and Darren Cole were appointed to be on the nominating committee. An announcement for existing and any new candidates was called. An email blast will be used to announce that any current LPA member is allowed to be elected to the board as either a named position or general board member as defined in the LPA by-laws. Nominees must agree to the nomination either in person or in writing. Slate of nominees to be presented at April general meeting with call for additional nominations from floor. Nominations will then be closed. Vote in May.
A few of the following announcements were made as time allowed. They will be in the LPA E-News, Newsletter, and on the website.
Welcome Visitors & New Members – Carol Moss
- Jan 31 – Prime Desert Cleanup – 10am - Noon
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- April 21 - Bird/Action Photography (Back Button Focus) - Holly Peskin
- April 28 - Portrait Lighting - Suzanne Gonzalez
- May 26 - DSLR Video - Chris Seguin
- June 16 - Year End Competition, Installation of Officers
- June 23 - How to Enter Photography Exhibit for AV Fair
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
Class Definitions updated and available on the website (effective July 1)
- May 19, 2015 Portraits Dee Hunter Dinner 4:30 at GH Café
- June 16, 2015 EOY
- All 1st places, EA’s and print HM’s (July-Dec) will be participating. All digitals are already entered. All prints will have to be brought to the competition to be eligible to participate.
- The new competition Rules have been approved and are on the website. They take effect July 1st.
Field Trips – Chris Wilkins
- Spring 2015 – Polo Grounds
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews
- S4C Honors are due April 1. S4C bestows honors on individuals who qualify through active participation in a wide variety of photographic and S4C-related activities. The purpose of the honors is to encourage and acknowledge service to S4C and to member clubs. Honors are on the basis of points an applicant has earned in accordance with the point schedule. Go to the S4C website for the procedure pdf, and application.
- S4C Annual Installation & Awards Banquet, June 6th, 11am-3pm at Almansor Court in Alhambra, $25 each, EOY awards are presented, High Point Awards, S4C Honors, Incoming Board of Directors are installed, Service Awards presented, incoming President lays out new year for us.
PSA Report - Nan Carder – See PSA report on LPA website
Friday Night Discussion Group – Glenn Olson
- Friday Mar 27 & Apr 10 (2nd & 4th Friday of month), 6:30pm Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday Apr 19, 7:30am Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- Mar 21 - Deadline for Apr newsletter
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- AV Fair – Registration opens Mar 27
- Mounted prints for Senior Center? Give to Richard Wood
- LPA attire available with new logo available - Wayne Staley
- Photographer(s) needed to photograph Senior Center Volunteer Recognition on Friday, April 17 at 2pm. Contact Sue Craft, or Angela at Senior Center