PHOTOGRAHIC SOCIETY OF AMERICA (PSA) REPORT FOR AUGUST 2015
By Nan Carder, EPSA, DFS4C, PSA Club Representative
PSA Annual Conference, West Yellowstone: Registration remains open for the PSA Annual Conference, which will be held in West Yellowstone, Montana from September 27 to October 3, 2015. Ramon Rosario, Brent and Nan Carder, EPSA, will be attending the conference this year.
PSA Interclub 2015-2016:
Projected Image Division (First Round): Entries for the first round of the Projected Image Division Interclub are due November 1, 2015. Entries will be submitted one to two weeks before the deadline. If anyone has any images that they would like to be considered, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA Website Contest: The results of the PSA Website Contest were announced. The Lancaster Photography Association tied for first place in Large Clubs. Lee Garner has been the Webmaster and congratulations to Lee.
PSA Newsletter Contest: The results of the PSA Newsletter Contest were also announced. The Lancaster Photography Association Newsletter “Desert Exposure“ received the award of Best Use of Color: “Desert Exposure,” Douglas Wade, Editor. If anyone has not had the time to read the newsletter, now is the time to do so. Congratulations Doug!
PSA International Exhibitions:
Congratulations Scott Shackelford for winning an Honorable Mention with his image “Father-Daughter Water Chute” in the Photojournalism Division Ollie Fife International Exhibition. His image may be viewed at this web site:
S4C International Exhibition: The following LPA members have entered the S4C International Exhibition. It was nice to see many of the accepted images taken by these photographers listed below were taken in the Antelope Valley:
- Shirley Airov-Bieling received five acceptances in the Color, Monochrome, and Photojournalism sections.
- Nan Carder, EPSA received acceptances in Color, Monochrome, Nature, and Travel sections.
- Darren Cole received five acceptances in Color and Photojournalism including an HM in Photojournalism.
- Sue Liberto received acceptances in the Nature section.
- Rock Myers received acceptances in Monochrome including an HM.
- Scott Shackelford received nine acceptances in Color, Monochrome, Nature, and Photojournalism with an HM in Photojournalism.
- Bill Sutton received five acceptances in the Color, Monochrome, and Nature sections.
- Dale Ware received acceptances in the Monochrome section.
- Christine Wilkins received acceptances and won her first medal, a Judges Choice in the Color section with acceptances in the Color and Nature sections.
- David Wilkins received eight acceptances in the Color, Monochrome, Nature, and Photojournalism sections.
Nan Carder, EPSA judged Small Prints Color Open and Theme, Small Prints Monochrome Open and Theme, Photojournalism, and Photojournalism Human Interest. David Wilkins judged Travel Open and Theme. Both “Hutch” Hutchinson and Brent Paull did excellent jobs judging the PID Monochrome and Nature competitions.
Congratulations Christine Wilkins! Chris is the new PSA Membership Milestones Program Director. Chris will be working under the direction of Don Brown, APSA, Membership Vice-President. The Membership Milestone Program will recognize members at their various stages of membership. Chris will work with Don and PSA Headquarters staff to recognize these individuals and organizations. Chris will be contacting and informing the individuals and organizations of their upcoming milestone. These milestones will be presented at public forums, such as a local club, Chapter, or council.
Chris has also volunteered to become one of the PSA Exhibition Standards Directors. She will receive applications from organizations in the Balkans for PSA-recognition for their exhibition. All organizations that receive approval for for PSA-recognized exhibitions agree to conform to the PSA Exhibition Standards.
Congratulations Scott Shackelford on completing the PSA Image Analysis Course.
Rock Myers has entered the third round of the PSA PJ Quarterly competition.
If anyone would like information about the Photographic Society of America, please contact Nan Carder, EPSA at email@example.com