Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed over 54 people to our General Meeting and Competition night featuring “Open” as the theme, and Dan Holmes as the judge.
Dan Holmes is a professional photographer based in Ventura California. He recently was one of the three photography judges at the 2015 Antelope Valley Fair. Dan’s work has been widely recognized with regional, national and international awards, including PPC Nature & Landscape Photographer of the Year. He is also a multiple award winner and a contributor to Outdoor Photographer, Outside Online, Runner’s World, 805 Magazine, Cycling News, and Ventura Life and Style. He has had multiple showings and his work is displayed in private collections in the US, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, and South Africa. Dan can be found through his website: http://danholmesphoto.com
Dan provided informative critiques on each and every entry, and there were 75 of them! Congratulations to all the winners! View the entries and winners on the LPA website under Competitions.
Wayne Staley recognized LPA members who are on the S4C Board, and thanked them for upholding a beneficial relationship between the two organizations and longtime loan of the S4C digital projector. David Wilkins, Christine Wilkins, Lee Garner, Bill Sutton, Nan Carder and Bonnie Mathews-Franke will all receive an LPA coffee mug.
Membership - See Kurtiss Humphrey or Bill Liberto to join LPA. July 1 started a new LPA Year. Please fill out a new “Member Application” for dues renewal, update your information and sign a new Release of Liability form that will be valid for as long as you are an LPA member.
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- October 27th – “Under the Night Sky” – Pete Scifries
- November 17th – Macro & Close Up Photography - Rob Sheppard
- November 24th – “Hands on Workshop” – Bring your camera
- December 15th – Holiday Party
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- January 19th, 2016 - Creative – Judge – TBA
- March 15th, 2016 – Step into the Past - Judge - TBA
- May 17th, 2016 - Flowers, Judge – TBA
- June 21st, 2016 - End of Year Competition, Judges - Members Choice
Field Trips – Christine Wilkins
- February 5th & 6th, 2016 – Lewis Kemper Photography Field Trip - Photograph nature/wildlife along the Sacramento River. Organized by Don Goeschl
- February, 2016 – Date TBD – Calico Ghost Town – Douglas Wade
- March 19th & 20th , 2016 – LA County Air Show at Fox Field with Blue Angels
- April, 2016 – Date TBD – Cactus/Flower Macro Photography – Diane Cable
PSA Report - Nan Carder
- Douglas Wade was presented certificate for PSA Newsletter Contest – Best use of Color
- Douglas Wade was presented certificate and plaque for PSA Website Contest – 1st Place for Large Clubs
- February 6th – PSA S4C Round Up Chapter Event at Crown Plaza in Costa Mesa
- See PSA report on LPA website
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews
- See S4C Report on LPA website
Friday Night Discussion Group – Glenn Olson
- 2nd & 4th Friday of month (October 23rd & November 13th) -Denny’s 2005 West Ave K @6:30pm
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday November 15th, 7:30am Patty’s Cafe, 43943 Sierra Hwy, #A Lancaster
Library – Ron Yagi
- Books and videos available for checkout. List is on LPA website, under Member’s Only – Library.
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- October 23rd - deadline for October newsletter
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- Ramon Rosario appointed to LPA Board & Assistant Webmaster
- Membership Chair Needed
- LPA Board Meetings now on 2nd Thursday of month in Senior Center Library
- LPA Name Tags w/new logo order form on Website -$7.50 including tax - forms on back table, or download on LPA website
- AV Senior Center (AVSC) – The main entrance gate to the parking lot will close at 5pm. Please enter at the west gate, located on Fern Ave. Enter building through the main entrance, or the entrance near the west gate. Please sign in.
- LPA Holiday Party – Tuesday, December 15th at 6:00 pm at the AVSC. $10 donation for dinner.