Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed 27 members & guests to our General Meeting and Flower/Macro Photography Workshop with Noella Ballenger.
Noella is a professional nature and wildlife photographer, a photography instructor, and has written many articles for various publications. She currently writes the column “Image Talk” for Apogee Photo Magazine at www.apogeephoto.com and her website is www.noellaballenger.com .
Noella sparked our creative thinking with her beautiful photo presentation as she reminded us of the elements of design, to follow the light, create a mood, tell a story, and to capture the viewer’s attention. Afterwards, Noella was available to offer one on one help for our flower/macro photography hands on workshop.
Nominations for 2016-2017
- Bill Peake of the Nominating Committee (Bill Peake & Darren Cole) made a last call for nominees for the 2016-2017 LPA Board. No new nominations. A slate of recommended candidates was presented and includes:
President – Douglas Wade
Vice President – Shane Walter
Secretary – Kathy Newman
Treasurer – Don Sullivan
General Board Member – Don Goeschl
General Board Member – Dale Taft
Past President - David Wilkins.
Nominations closed. Vote in your new board at the May General Meeting.
● Wayne Staley recognized Denis Lust for her service to LPA with his creative decorations at LPA holiday parties, the AV Fair Photography Exhibit, and for the painted backdrop for the LPA photo booth at the BooLVD.
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
● Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 - Flowers - Judge - Winn Krafton
● Tuesday, June 21st, 2016 - End of Year Competition - Judges - Members Choice
● Tuesday, April 26th - Hutch Hutchinson – Photo Essays (ProShow Gold)
● Tuesday, May 24th – Movie Night – Finding Vivian Maier
Field Trips – Christine Wilkins
● Sunday, April 24th - Mentryville - Breakfast at Lucky Roxy's (405 W. Palmdale Blvd) 7:15 A.M - 8:15 A. M.
● Saturday, May 14th - Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- Saturday, June 4th, End of Year Banquet
PSA Report - Nan Carder
Friday Night Discussion Group – Glenn Olson
● 2nd & 4th Friday of month (April 22nd & May 13th) - Denny’s Restaurant (Ave K & 20th St W) 6:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Sunday Breakfast Group - Dale Ware
● 3rd Sunday of month (May 15th) - Patty’s Café (43943 Sierra Hwy, #A) 7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
● April 24th deadline for May newsletter
● Please submit your contributions to the newsletter… photos, articles, etc.
● Welcome input from all - trips, photos, adventures, etc...
● Workshop Chair Needed
● LPA Name Tags w/new logo order form on Website
○ $7.50 including tax - forms on back table
- Senior Center – new computer lab, looking for instructors, see Angela