General Meeting & Flower Competition: May 17, 2016
Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed 38 members to our General Meeting and Competition night featuring “Flowers” as the theme, and Winn Krafton as the judge.
Winn has been a member of S4C for about 25 years and has also been a member of PSA and The Pasadena Photochromers for many years. Winn’s photographic interests are quite varied and she is always searching for something interesting and challenging to photograph, and she competes in all of S4C’s photographic categories. In 2007, Winn won PSA’s picture of the Year. She says "I've mostly judged locally, but had the opportunity to judge an international competition in China in 2012, thanks to Joanne Stolte."
We had a total of 58 digital entries and 7 prints. For print entries, we had 7 Accomplished. For digita entries, we had 6 Novice, 15 Amateur, 18 Advanced, and 19 Master. Congratulations to all the winners!
LPA Members voted on the Slate of Officers presented by nominating committee for 2016-2017. President - Douglas Wade; Vice President – Shane Walter; Secretary Kathy Newman; Treasurer – Don Sullivan; Voting Board Member – Don Goeschl; Voting Board Member – Dale Taft. A motion of acclamation was made by Sue Craft “to accept the slate as presented”, with a 2 nd by Terry Dickerson. A vote was taken by a show of hands - 32 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain, motion passed.
Member Recognition – Wayne Staley presented Sue Liberto with an LPA mug in appreciation for herdedication to the LPA as our photographer on meeting nights.
Membership - See Bill to join LPA. July 1 starts a new LPA Year.
Programs/Workshops - Douglas Wade
- May 24th - Video - “Finding Vivian Maier”
- June 28th – How to Enter AV Fair Photography Exhibit - Douglas Wade/Kurtiss Humphrey
- July 26th - How to Mount Your Photos for AV Fair Photography Exhibit - Douglas Wade/Kurtiss Humphrey
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews-Franke
- June 21st, 2016 - End of Year Competition - Judges - Members Choice
- All 1st places, and Excellence Awards (EA’s)’s can compete. All digitals are already entered. All prints will have to be brought to the competition to be eligible to participate.
- July 19th, 2016 - Macro - Updated definition on website
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews
- June 4th - S4C Annual Installation & Awards Banquet, 11am-3pm at Almansor Court in Alhambra.
PSA Report - Nan Carder
- See PSA report on LPA website
Friday Night Discussion Group – Glenn Olson
- 2nd & 4th Friday of month, Denny’s Restaurant (Ave K & 20th St W)
- Friday, May 27, 2016 6:30 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
- Friday, June 10, 2016 6:30 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- 3rd Sunday of month, Patty’s Cafe, 43943 Sierra Hwy, #A @7:30am
- Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:30 A.M. - 9:00 A.M.
Library – Ron Yagi
- Books and videos available for checkout
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- May 24th deadline for June newsletter
- Please submit your contributions to the newsletter… photos, articles, etc.
- Welcome input from all - trips, photos, adventures, etc...
AV Fair - Douglas Wade
- Registration is OPEN
Announcements – Douglas Wade
- Membership Chair Needed
- Workshop Chair Needed
- LPA Name Tags w/new logo order form on Website
- LPA Meeting night photographer
- Round Table with Angela attendee needed
- Audit Committee (2) needed