Southern California Council of Camera Clubs (S4C) Report
By Nan Carder, APSA, MPSA, DFS4C
The competition season is over for S4C.
Entries for the Lancaster Photography Association (LPA) interclub for April were the following (includes awards and HMs):
Skill Level A: Poppies Highlighted (Terry Dickerson) Award, A Color Purple (Pam Vick), Yosemite (Kathleen Walter), and Winter View (Shane Walter) HM.
Skill Level AA: Hummingbird Flight (Kathy Newman), Bodie Milky Way 7650 (Nan Carder) Award, Flamingo Pose 1 (Darren Cole), and Horses in Aspen (Helen Henry).
Other LPA members that won Awards or Honorable Mentions in other classes were the following: Shirl Airov-Bieling, Terry Dickerson, Scott Shackelford, Tom Van Langenhoven, Sharna Lee, Bill Sutton, Richard White, Chris Wilkins, and David Wilkins.
The April meeting for S4C was held on April 8th at the University of Redlands. Bill Sutton is the S4C delegate from the Lancaster Photography Association, and he represented LPA.
S4C Board of Directors: LPA members that will be serving on the S4C Board of Directors for 2017-2018 are the following: Nan Carder, Terrie Garner, Christine Wilkins, and David Wilkins. David Wilkins is the current S4C President.
The S4C Year End Banquet will be held at Almansor Court on June 3rd from 11AM to 3PM. If any LPA member has won an Award or HM this year, the image will be considered for a year-end award. For more information about the banquet, please go to this webpage: https://www.s4c-photo.org/banquet/
For more information, please go to this web page: http://www.s4c-photo.org
Anyone participating will need a UEN: http://s4cdb.360works.com/fmi/webd?homeurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.s4c-photo.org#S4C
If anyone needs assistance in entering S4C competitions, please email Nan Carder at email@example.com.
S4C DELEGATES MEETING
April 8, 2016
On Saturday, April 8, 2016 I attended the S4C Delegates Meeting at the University of Redlands in Redlands, California as the representative for the Lancaster Photography Association (LPA).
The following items were discussed at the meeting:
- The board of directors for S4C has voted to adopt new bylaws for the governing of S4C. The changes to the bylaws included the change to a “Self-Sustaining Board of Directors” and the elimination of the “Voting Powers of Delegates” from each club which will influence the governing of S4C. These changes were voted on and approved by the delegates at this meeting. Individual clubs will still have delegates to S4C but the delegates will only be there for the purpose of reporting on their club’s activities and to gather information regarding S4C so that they can convey that information back to their individual clubs. The transition to a “Self-Sustaining Board of Directors” means that the Board of Directors will directly recruit members to fill any vacancies on the board based upon skills and talent needed within the board. Member clubs will not be allowed to vote on the acceptance of any new Board Member.
- In the near future, the S4C International International Exhibition will open for entries. The exact opening and closing dates have not yet been posted on S4C’s website but anyone interested in entering this competition can check S4C’s website between May and July 2017 for the exact competition dates and entry requirements. The website can be found at www.s4c-photo.org.
- As a member of LPA, all members are automatically eligible to participate in S4C’s monthly competitions which run from October until April of the following year. There are no fees to for entering the competitions. However, each member must obtain a Uniform Entry Number (UEN), which can be obtained on S4C’s website at www.s4c-photo.org. (NOTE: When obtaining a new UEN only hit the “SUBMIT” button once or you may end up joining multiple times. All of the requirements for submitting images and category definitions may be found on S4C’s website. Again, if you need any assistance with joining S4C or submitting any images see either Bill Sutton or Nan Carder.
- Lancaster Photography Association members that will be on the S4C Board of Directors for 2017-2018 are the following: Nan Carder, APSA, MPSA, DFS4C, Bill Sutton, FS4C, Christine Wilkins, AS4C, and David Wilkins, FS4C.
- S4c’s next meeting will held November 11, 2017 at the University of Redlands (see S4C’s website for the driving directions and meeting time).
Bill Sutton, AS4C
LPA S4C Delegate