Douglas Wade, our President, welcomed 55 LPA members & guests to our annual Holiday Party. A gracious thank you was given to the many people who helped with the party.
Our wonderful volunteers transformed the senior center into a party atmosphere, with tables covered in red & white, topped with fresh cut springs of pine and pine cones. Holiday music filled the air, and friends joyfully mingled in their holiday attire.
The delicious dinner was Mexican food catered by El Pollo Loco and included fire roasted chicken, enchiladas, rice, beans, corn, cole slaw, salad, chips and salsa. The colorful desert table was potluck style and worthy of photographing. Coffee, tea, bottled water and soda were also available.
Before dining, Dale Ware read an “Inspiration”, a moment to reflect upon this past year and our passion for photography. It was originated by Joanne Stolte in 2009, and customized a bit for LPA.
During dinner, images submitted for the LPA logo contest were anonymously displayed. Our members have design talent! Images were entered from Sarah Osenga, Douglas Wade, E-Lance, Kurtiss Humphrey, Michael Urban, and Rock Myers. The existing LPA logo was also included as an option. And the winning logo was created by… Douglas Wade! Congratulations!! Thank you to the contributors to LPA logo contest.
Wayne Staley recognized Bonnie Matthews for her outstanding contributions to the LPA as our S4C Representative, and presented her with a personalized LPA mug.
After dinner, Carol Moss and her song leaders led the group in festive holiday songs. Doug Wade photographed some of our members for the Members Pictures section of the website.
Christine Wilkins presented our evening program, a slide show of this year’s LPA field trips and events. Members were given the microphone to speak about their images if desired. Beautiful images were displayed from trips to Venice, Moonset over Mt Whitney, San Fernado Mission, Gubler Orchid Farm, Owens Valley & Carma Array, Yosemite, as well as other events including The BooLVD, Senior Center Winter Ball, and the AV Fair. Dale Ware shared his AV Fair video, and Kurtiss Humphrey shared time lapse videos.
Programs/Workshops - Rock Myers
- Dec 23 – No meeting/workshop
- Jan 27 – “Wildlife/Nature Photography” with Brent Paull
- Feb 17 – Photo Critiques & PS/LR Tip – Kathy Newman
- Feb 24 – Photography Swap Meet
Competitions – Bonnie Matthews
Fees are increasing from $3 to $5 effective Jan 1
- Jan 20 - Photojournalism - Judge Stuart Lynn – Dinner 4:30 at GH Cafe
- Mar 17 – Nature – Judge Linn Craft – Dinner at 4:30 at GH Cafe
- May 19 - Portraits
Field Trips – Chris Wilkins
- Feb 7-8 – Portrait Workshop with Hank Morris (Bonnie Matthews)
- Spring – Polo Grounds at Will Rogers State Park
- Spring – Randsburg
- TBD – Orbs at Saddleback Buttes with Bill Debley
S4C Report – Bonnie Matthews – See S4C report on LPA website
PSA Report - Nan Carder – See PSA report on LPA website.
- Feb 21 - PSA Southern CA Roundup Chapter Event at Descanso Gardens.
Friday Night Discussion Group - Terri Garner
- Friday Dec 26 & Jan 9 (2nd & 4th Friday of month), 6:30pm Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Sunday Breakfast - Dale Ware
- Sunday December 21, 7:30am Carrows restaurant in Lancaster
Newsletter - Douglas Wade
- Dec 25 - deadline for Jan newsletter
LPA’s Holiday Wish List – Douglas Wade
- Librarian (aka Media Specialist)
- Webmaster – needed by July
- Newsletter Editor and Assistant
Big huge thank you to ALL who volunteered and brought food & desserts, served dinner, decorated the tables and room, submitted images and videos for the presentations, ran the computer & sound system, sang the holiday songs, and helped with clean up. Your help, and your $5 - $10 donation per person made for a terrific party!
Check out pictures from the party in the gallery